Thursday, March 16, 2017

DDD - Ride in My Beautiful Balloon

It's the 15th of the month and time for the Dueling Darlings post. Our theme is Would You Like to Ride in My Beautiful Balloon (yes, I would!!! )

 I made two cards from the awesome kit we received this month from Darling, the hostess of the Dazzlers.  (The Divas hostess is LJ this month).


 I used the Mojo Monday sketch #488 for this card. I had so much fun with this kit, I made two cards- here is the 2nd:
 I loved that Darlene sent us stamped colored portions of the backing for this die, so I covered them with 2" double sided score tape, and covered that with Sparkle and Sprinkle Semi-transparent glitter,


 This shows the pretty colors Darlene sent for the backing a bit better.
I used the Sunday Stamps Sketch challenge for this card.

The kit contained:
Die Cut and images from SU Lift me Up set. Stamped in SU Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugar Plum and Daffodil Delight. The die cuts for under the balloon (die cut) use the above colors and a SU blending pen smoothed out the colors.

DP papers are from Morocco pad by SEI

Ribbons are Hobby Lobby Ribbon Boutique. Sequins are The Paper Studio Spare Parts.

 The Dueling Darlings is a group on Splitcoaststampers. We are divided up into the Divas and the ***Dazzlers***. Each group receives a kit, and we all create with a like theme.  Then, we hop to each others blogs to see what everyone has created.

I lost my sidebar links when my computer crashed in December.  Here they all are:
Divas
Barb ** Blog: Barb's Inkin' into Retirement
Carol ** Blog: Lost in my craft room
Judy ** Blog: Paper Hugs & Kisses
Heather ** Blog:https://landofstamping.wordpress.com/ 
Kelly ** Blog: *Sandcastle Stamper*
LJ ** Blog: Bucky Girl
Suzy ** no blog, Gallery SuzyS1104 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com
Tami ** : : : : BlueInks Design
Terry S ** her gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=11182

Dazzlers:
Darlene ** The World According to Bijou
Debbie ** The Ink Igloo
Jeanette ** Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than TherapyCreative Play-It's Cheaper Than Therapy
Paola ** blog That's Amore! (SAMA  Please check her gallery at SCS HERE
Shelly ** My creative rumblings
Terry A ** For now, here's her gallery: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PurplePansy26 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Terry L ** It's Totally Terry
Tracie ** Crafty Creations
Debby B ** no blog (Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...edeb&x=18&y=13

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

22 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

You make me longing for a ride in such a balloon just now!
Beautiful cards Shelly!

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty cards! Love the sparkly balloon. Your colors are just perfect too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, you've created two fabulous cards! Up, up, and away!

Barb said...

WOW--both cards are stunning. I love the bright colors!

terry serman said...

These are great cards! I just got this set last week...thanks for the inspiration.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, both of these cards look awesome Shelly!! I especially love that darling sentiment with your balloons! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Love hot air balloons....we see them every now and then they take off nearby and if the weather is right and they float south enough we get a brief sighting. Love both of your cards!

Lisa said...

They're both so gorgeous!! The balloons are fabulous!! I love the sparkle you added to the second card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Both are wonderful!!! Up, up and away for sure. Love the ribbon at the bottom on that second card with the arrows. Perfect!
Lynn

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, both of your cards are gorgeous. Love the sparkles of your second card. You have a lot more patience to sit and do all the intricate work - wow!

Marilyn said...

Fab cards Shelly and I like how the sentiments are so perfect for each of them.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what wonderful cards Shelly - that second one in particular is spectacular
blessings
MAxine

Donna said...

Shelly, these are so gorgeous. I love the sparkley colors of your second card but the trio of balloons is so wonderful too. Beautifully done. How do yu join this group? Sounds like such fun! Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Chelly, Both cards are absolutely STUNNING I woud definately have a hard time choosing which one I like better. I love the balloons and how they are colored and laid out on the first card and the beautiful balloon on the 2nd card. They are both wonderful. Great job with this kit...

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like how you grouped the balloons on the first card. They look great. The sparkle is just perfect peeking through the die cut. Both cards turned out so good!

Marisa said...

Great hot air balloon cards!! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

MiamiKel said...

Two cards! I'm an underachiever! LOL! SHel, these are BOTH just gorgeous! I love that you went in two different directions and they are so unique - fabulous use of the kit and great designs!

Terry Ladwig said...

What a great idea using the glitter on the second card! It really does make a difference.

Love both of your cards!

Unknown said...

Wowww..TWO cards?You were blessed with even more creativity for
this month's duel.☺ Both cards are fabulous...so glad I don't
have to pick one- that would be harduous indeed!
Great overall use of the kit Darlene sent.Kudos!👍

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your Duel cards are lovely! Those hot air balloons are awesome and you've made them look GREAT!

Lynn McAuley said...

Two great designs with these high-flying balloons, Shelly!!

Heidi Baks said...

A fun way to follow the sketch with the large balloon framelit and the banner. I love it! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.