Saturday, June 29, 2013

In the Spotlight

I made a card and an ATC for a friend for her birthday : ) We are both in a group at RubberStampChat where we send an ATC to others on their Birthday- and we can also send a card.

  I used a SU set called Pleasant Poppies. I stamped the image, then cut out three ovals, then ran the entire set thru the Bigshot and embossed it. I cut out a plain white oval the next biggest die size, outlined it in colors to match. I finished off the card with twine and a sentiment from Create with TLC. 

 For the ATC, I used a Glue Distress background- love the color of the Distress ink with the Poppies.

 
  I dabbed dots of Elmers glue and let them dry, then added Distress ink over that.  I stamped the image again, and cut out flowers, as I did not like the look of all of the flowers dotted (from the background technique). I colored the flowers with Copics. The sentiment is shimmery...and again, from Create with TLC.

 Challenges:
Card Crafters Circle- Happy Birthday
Crafty Catz- Say it with Flowers
Whimsical Designs- ATC
Fun With ATC's- flowers

Don't forget my blog candy- 50 yards of ribbon and a bow maker- thru July 3rd  HERE

Thanks for stopping by!

 Shelly

17 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Super card and ATC love the glue effect on the ATC and your card is so elegant, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Sue Jones said...

Very elegant and i love the texture- thanks for joining in our challenge at whimsical designs this week.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just superb Shelley thanks for sharing and your stroage down below how amazing is that.. have yet to do this emboss a card like that once finished have seen others do it and they used same SU lattice folder too and think it looks really great, Shaz in oz.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

OMGosh do I ever love your spotlight card, especially how you put it through the CB. Awesome work as usual.

Anne Temple said...

Love the spotlighting in 3 different areas. Such a cute card and design. Great embossing folder too.

jimlynn said...

Very classy looking card and love the way you did the spotlight on it.
Great ATC too! Beautiful poppies on both!
Lynn

Karli said...

You've just raised the bar on the spotlight technique by embossing! Very cool! I always find this technique tricky because I'm not sure just what to highlight -_- fab card!

GrĂ¡inne said...

Lovely poppies and a great technique. Love the colors and how the background turned out, fits perfectly. Thanks a lot for joining us at FwATCs. Have a great Sunday, Suzanne

Donna said...

I love the spotlight technique. Gorgeous card! I usually use it when I am too lazy to color everything. LOL! Have a wonderful week!

Juliet A said...

That is so cool, how you made the birthday card and ATC to match! Those glue backgrounds are really eye-catching!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Shelly
A beautiful card thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx

Words and Pictures said...

The gluey dots work beautifully in the background - lovely work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
Alison x

Darlene said...

VERY impressive! Loads of techniques here for me to revisit and try on my own - thank you!! Especially eye catching: the dry embossed stamped image and spotlight techniques together.
Equally impressive are the glue dots and distressing on the ATC. Love your work will never even come close to it on my own! Thanks for sharing your talent!

NanaConnie said...

Superb embossing on the card, Shelly! Love the color combo and the distressing. Great spotlight and the glue dots are something I have to try. TFS

Laura said...

WOW Shelly, 2 lovely cards. I love the glue dot technique. Somethinkg very new to me. Love your coloring on the Poppies stamp. TFS

Anonymous said...

Pretty card and ATC! I love how you played around with the stamp on the card. Thanks for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs :)

Unknown said...

Both you card and your ATC is beautiful. I love how you cut the ovals..it adds so much interest. Thanks for the great idea with the glue..love that look. Thank you for joining the Whimsical Designs Challenge.