Thursday, March 15, 2012

Gingersnaps Twinchie Swap

I joined in the Gingersnaps Twinchie Swap last month- Twinchies are 2x2  Here are the fabulous Twinchies I received:

 Lt -Nancy Johnson  and Rt Peggy G

Lt Electra Conada  and Rt Vicki Romaine

This is Electra's swap side view- it is made on a wood block- I have to try this......

Lt Debi Ryan and Rt Michelle Storms


OK- I will link up the creators blogs once I find them all......!

Here are the 6 Twinchies I mailed in:
  The Lt Twinchie was made with a technique using paper towels and Lumiere paint and I added metallic ribbon, lace and rhinestones.
 On the Rt- Lucy and Rickie and a postage stamp die from Cuttlebug


  The Lt is a collaged image and rub-ons with lace and rhinestones as accents.

 The Rt is Faux Metal BG and a collaged image with highlights in a Sakura Gelly Roll pen. I added some gold around the edge using Gold embossing powder.

 I guess my silly gene came out with this one.....I needed to add something and found these words in a magazine........ The flower is stamped  and a rhinestone embellishes its center.  I used strips of the Faux Metal in graduated widths for the background.

Finally, I made a masculine themed Twinchie using a president image and rub-ons. 

I can see making more of these- they are alot of fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

fascinating - both your work and those you received. Love them.
Blessings
Maxine

Debbie said...

Wow Shelly! They are gorgeous! Never tried a twinchie. They look like great fun to make!

Debbie
^..^

Alexa said...

They all look gorgeous and all so different. Great parcel to receive! x

Christine said...

I like the both the twinches that you made and the ones you received. Wonderful creativeness.

Vicki Romaine said...

I got mine too and I need to post today. Wasn't this fun?

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic twinchies, Shelly! I'd not heard of them before and am now intrigued. Love all the vintage images used by everyone, and yours are especially fabulous!

Michele said...

these are all gorgeous! i hope i get one of yours -- haven't checked the mail yet. i'm michele s and my blog is at artfromthewell.blogspot.com. xo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is such a fun vintage project! Very nice!

2amscrapper said...

all of them, coming and going, are delightful!

Debi said...

Thanks for posting my Twinchie, I got one of your pretty twinchies in the mail yesterday- thank you so pretty :-) Debi x

Michele said...

lucky me! i got your twinchie with the dear fairy lady. it is exquisite. thank you! xo

MiamiKel said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous line up of twinchies! So much element and beauty - wonderful work, Shelly!