Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring is a comin!

 It is a nippy 40 ish here today West of Chicago , but the sun is out!  Yippee!!!  Spring is coming!
 So, I grabbed a floral image by Designed2Delight and whipped up a cheery card- for a friend who is just starting chemo- I hope it will brighten her day!

  I am not usually a yellow card maker, but this yellow paper screamed -use me, use me...... it is called Sunshine Yellow column and has embossed lines side to side- adds nice texture.  The image is paper pieced with a Technique Junkies background I made a long time ago. The flowers are colored with Copics and the green is not so gray IRL.....  The tops of the flowers have a second layer and some of the leaves are 'curled' before I added adhesive giving the flowers a touch of dimension. Sentiment is by SU.

Challenges:
By the Cute and Girly-Springtime
Sir Stampalot-Spring is in the air-plus,  use yellow and green
Crazy Challenge- Here comes spring
 Incy Wincy-Spring is in the air
Aly's Sunday Challenge- Get well or Give Support


Thanks for stopping by! Shelly

18 comments:

Ruby said...

Beautiful card! I love the bright yellow and the background you created!!

Kathy said...

Wow, I love this Shelly. So bright and pretty. The red and yellow are such a cheerful combination. I'm sure your friend will love this!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!!I love the colors,image,and that beautiful paper!!Awesome job!
Hugs,
Chris

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card I like the daffodils makes me feel like spring is nearly here.
Kevin xx

Terry said...

Hopefully you will keep your warmer weather! I love Spring bulbs and some are blooming here, but it is still quite cold! Your most pretty card is sure to bring on Spring! Love it!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

wow! so pretty! love the strong and vibrant colours! Thank you for joining us at BTC&G and good luck!

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Wonderful card Shelly. Love all the cheerful colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Designed 2 Delight.

Alissa said...

This will definitely brighten her day. It's gorgeous Shelly.

brenda said...

Hi there Shelly

What a lovely creation, love the spring colours.

Thank you so much for joinin us at Stampalot challenge this month and hope to see you again.

B

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous card...love your daffodils!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful xx

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful! Once the daffodills are flowering you really know Spring is here, that's why they are one of my favourite flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

pinky said...

Definitely shouts spring in those gorgeous colours!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sarn said...

Oh, pretty!
Hugs, Sandra

Juliet A said...

I love the dimension you achieved with the paper piecing and the popped and curled flowers!

Sally H said...

What a beautiful card. Such pretty Daffodils! Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

Francesca said...

very beautiful
thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

karen said...

Hi Shelly, what a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Incy
Wincy, Karenx