Thursday, March 24, 2011

McMahon Five Easter Eggs- New Release Thursday

I had so much fun with this sweet image from McMahon Five Designs- no little ruffles for me anymore, but I loved to dress my kids up for holidays when they were little and am guilty for just loving the lacy bloomers under their smocked and frilly dresses!

 I cut out this (unused) Nestie and colored with Copic markers. I thought embellishing it with a pearl pen would be fun (it's only a year old and unused....). Then I had to make some lace flowers and put pearls in the centers.  I added some Patterned Prima paper from M5D and the lace to the right of the image, sewed down a piece of fiber from M5D too. (You could add it with glue dots as well)..... The Patterned paper in the background is from a new release last week- HERE- and the sentiment is from TLC.  I added Creative Inspirations Paint to highlight the image and the sentiment- here is a close-up look:

Here are the links for all of the products I used in case you are interested:
Easter Eggs digi HERE  Background Patterned paper HERE   Prima patterned paper (Annalee) sewn on Rt side HERE  The pearls in the lace flower center HERE  Prima fiber/ribbon sewn on the Rt side of the card HERE   all from McMahon Five Designs
The Creative Inspirations paint can be found HERE  and Create with TLC HERE

Challenges:
ABC- sewing (or quilting)
Crafty Creations-In stitches
Anything goes-make your own embellishments- lace flowers
Creative Craft Challenges- lace
Kaboodles Doodles- colors- yellow, pink, blue, green
Creative Inspirations Paint-Easter

Thanks for stopping by! Have a Blessed Day!
Shelly Schmidt

16 comments:

sue said...

a great little card such cute bloomers lol thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Amy Johnson said...

Such a super cute Easter card!

jimlynn said...

ADORABLE!!! Great card and a wonderful image.
So cute.
Lynn

Ginny said...

cute image, fab card TFS :)

Priyanka said...

haha sooo beautiful.I love it, and look more beautiful in pink

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Shelley, gorgeous card as always I love the die cut you have used and the sentiment is very sweet
thank you for joining us at Anything Goes
hugs
Tamara

Karen Howard said...

I LOVE this image, she is darling! And OMG, what a fun die and those pearls are the perfect finishing touch! Hugs, Karen

Terry said...

This is so blinging cute! Sorry, could not resist. Love that darling little girl image. So pretty is this card! Happy Friday!

Sandra P said...

hahaha....cutie pie! Love it :)

Thanks for joining KD this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

~ Kendra ~ said...

Cute card Shelley! What a fun image! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paint!

Kendra

papertrails leaver said...

Cute card! Love the pantaloons! Is that what they call them? Reminds me of those times I put my dd in them for holidays. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :-)Amy

Joanne Gilch said...

the way you cut out the image panel and put in on the Spellbinders is way cool....oops very creative.

Christine said...

Such a fun card! Isn't she sweet?

Alissa said...

This card totally just made me LOL. Thanks for sharing this adorable image. Really really cute (and funny) card!

dragonllew said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x

Anne said...

How cute is this image! Very sweet card Shelly

Anne
x