Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Creative Belli Challenge #114 Sewing

The Creative Belli Challenge is to use sewing on your card- you do not sew? Well, any sewing theme will work......think seamstress (stitching, buttons, seam tape, pins etc.)
I love to sew on cards, so that is what I did!

 I used the Midnight Madness Sketch and a digital image, sentiment and digi paper freebies from Create with TLC.  I colored the image with Copics, added highlight with the Copic Spica pen. I texturized the rug a touch with blending solution for a little texture. I used a Stampin Up Sizzix flourish and flower punch that I have had for ages and has not been used.  I also dug out some embellishments from Gina K that I bough at least 3-4 yrs ago...and used them in the center of the flowers.  The flowers were scrunched up and crumpled then rubbed over with Mustard SU ink. I then spritzed the distressed flowers with Yellow Glimmer Mist.
 The Spirit of the Belli is to use your Old and Forgotten embellishments- so take a look at your stash and come join us by going to the BELLI BLOG and linking your project.
  For ideas and inspiration, check out the DT creations:
Chris Dickinson
Ceal Pritchett
Holly Brown
Anne Harmon
Robin Kirkpatrick
Jessica Stockmeyer
Joan Ervin
Maria Matter
Darsie Bruno
Joy Hadden
Robin Parker
Chris Olsen
Mary Marsh
Karen Wallace

Also, if you upload a card to any galleries online  to Splitcoast , PCP, Stamp TV or another online gallery be sure to add CBC114 in the keywords section.

Challenges for my card:
Midnight Madness- Sketch
Clear it out Tuesday-Flowers
Ladybug Crafts-Make your own flowers
Partytime Tuesday-Anything goes plus a flower you made
Tuesday Throwdown-florals
Paper Playtime-Anything goes
Sugar Creek Hollow-Stitching
Peachy Keen-Flower Power
Your Next Stamp-Stitching
365 cards-Mix and Match-Create with TLC, Stampin Up, Gina K, Copic,Tattered Angels

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

36 comments:

Carrie said...

oh how sweet is this card. Love the colors and that image is adorable.

Lisa Jane said...

Lovely card - cute little image and fab colours
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Good luck
Lisa x

Anne Temple said...

I LOVE your card. I've got this image too, but haven't had a chance to play with it. The flowers and swirl are the perfect touch!

Pami said...

Lovely card Shelly, the flowers look wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week! Hope to see you again soon. Pami x

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Shelly, what a wonderful card...so much going on here! I love your stitching for the Belli Challenge, the digi, the flowers.....everything! Great work!!

Robin Parker said...

Love the sewing on your creation. The green swirlys are great and I love your yellow flowers.

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Shelly, gorgeous card I love all the added details and that image is just fabby.
Hugs
Tamara

jimlynn said...

Super stitching Shelly! And I love the card!
Lynn

Mary Marsh said...

love your card and the great sewing for the "seamstress" challenge shelly-sweet image and wonderful coloring-

Unknown said...

its a beautiful card, thanks so much for linking the card to clear It Out.
The challenge though was to post a tutorial on making your own flowers, but still glad you posted ;)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Shelly I love the colors!! Your image is adorable!! I love the details.
Hugs,
Chris

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

pinky said...

Thats so pretty, the stitching is excellent and love the sweet little flowers. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

joy said...

Adorable! You have put together great colors!

Karen W said...

Wonderful card, it's so sweet and the colors are great!!

Beth Norman said...

I LOVE this. The image is darling, but I like what you did to embellish your card. Good luck with Midnight Madness.

Maria Matter said...

such a lovely card Shelly! darling image and beautiful details!
hugs

Juliet A said...

Your flourishes look like vines on this card - very textural - I love it!

Whimsey said...

What a great card; love the flowers - and I bet that mist added the BEST sparkle to your flowers! Beautiful image too!

Thanks for joining LCI this week!

Hugs,
Michele

Terry said...

Oh is this cute or what! Love your colors and the image is just precious!

CricutLvr!! said...

Very cute card! Love the image and the stitching!!
Thank you for joining us at PaperPlaytime and good luck 8)

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow what an sweet card! Beautiful dp! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness! I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested!
Denise
MMDT

Mary J said...

How lovely, great flowers! Thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink and I hope we see you again!

Mary J xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, such a lot of work gone in to it. If I sorted out my old and forgotten embellies I could open a shop, lol. xx

Rachel B said...

Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing them with us at Clear It Out.

Joan Ervin said...

Your image is just precious, Shelly, and you added such lovely details!!!! Beautiful colors and sewing, too!!!!

Kim Mc said...

Wonderful, Shelly! Thanks for playing in the "mix and match" challenge at 365 Cards!
Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

marsha said...

What a cute, cute image - love the gorgeous colors and your sewing is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will come back and play again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Thank you for playing along with the Paper Playtime Queens
The Scrapbooking Queen

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Shelley - this is just adorable! I love your image and all of the nostalgic touches you have added! We always love to see you playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team
Thank you too Shelley for all of your lovely comments on my Blog - you make my day! {{{hugs}}}

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Shelley, this is such an adorable card! Pretty color combo, sweet image and you did a great job with the MM sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Valerie said...

I love your card! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. I can't wait to see your next creation!
Valerie
Prisicllastyles DT

Ashley said...

What a sweet card! LOVE the image! Thanks for playing along with us at PTT this week!

~Ashley
PTT DT

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow this card is Gorgeous and an Great take on the Sketch this week. Thanks for sharing with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Dawn
MMSC-DT

rosy3108 said...

gorgeous!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow what a gorgeous card I love the vintage image Thanks for playing along with the Your Next Stamp "Sew Fun" challenge!