Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Creative Belli Challenge 112-Animals

  Today I combined the Belli Challenge- Animals- with the CDAC digi embellishment challenge hosted by Daisy Doodles.  The image is provided and I am to use three embellishments.
 I used the Copic Spica pen and highlighted all of the Cuttlebug swirls and the tail of the bunny. I used 4 different fibers for the ribbon and I used a Nestability behind the main image. IRL the background is much softer and shimmery looking.  The sentiment is an older one- from Eureka or Biblical Impressions (I think).....

The Premise of the Belli challenge is to use your old and forgotten embellishments. I recently found 5 cards of fibers I have had for years-back in the day when I was sewing crazy patch purses....... The background is a Technique Junkies Scraped Oil Pastels, and I made it before my wrist surgery (which was 8/08).......
  For some great inspiration, check out the rest of the Belli designers
:
Chris Dickinson
Ceal Pritchett
Holly Brown
Anne Harmon
Robin Kirkpatrick
Jessica Stockmeyer
Joan Ervin
Maria Matter
Darsie Bruno
Joy Hadden
Robin Parker
Chris Olsen
Mary Marsh
Karen Wallace

Also, if you upload a card to any galleries online  to Splitcoast , PCP, Stamp TV or another online gallery be sure to add CBC112 in the keywords section.


Thanks for stopping by!  Shelly

9 comments:

Karen W said...

Love it, the pastels are just so pretty!!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Shelly, what a gorgeous background!!!! love the little bunny too!
have a wonderful day!
hugs & blessings

joy said...

Great card! Love the expression on his face! Your coloring is beautiful.

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card-great bg and I love those fibers-I have a bunch -need to pull them out for a card-thanks for the inspiration

Joan Ervin said...

Your little bunny is just tooo cute, Shelly, and I love the beautiful background you created!!!!!

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Shelly, love those pastel colours.
Hugs
Tamara

Joanne Gilch said...

Very pretty card, sure one of the nieces or nephews will love it. Great technique on the bg. i went overboard with the embellishments...ooops!!

Holly said...

I absolutely love your background! It's so perfect with this adorable bunny image!!!

Robin Parker said...

Shelly, Love the swirly background paper. Looks great with the Easter colors. Fun idea using different strands of fiber for your bow.