Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spicing up some hanging flowers

I have been playing with Distress inks and making backgrounds- this one is from Splitcoaststampers Water Stamping tutorial (Try that Technique).  It screamed flowers to me- and the Flower soft was sitting there on my desk......  I added Creative Inspiration Paints to the roping and the leaves- a perfect and subtle look to make the card look more elegant.

Here is a close up of the glimmer:

 I added some sponging to the edge of the Spellbinders die cut  (Technique Junkies Wisped Frame). 

 The background I made was inspired by the Try that Technique from Splitcoaststampers- water stamping. Here are pictures of the background on Whisper White and Georgia Pacific- the cardstock makes a huge difference.

On the left is Georgia Pacific and on the right is Whisper White.

Here are the backgrounds with waterstamping and the image stamped on the backgrounds.
 Stamp is from I Brake for Stamps- Embossing Arts line.
The Distress Inks used: Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Stormy Sky

Here is another card I made with the 'other' background:


Thanks for stopping by today!

Shelly

14 comments:

Shelley said...

Lovely!

Renee said...

Wow!! This is a total wow card.....sooooo pretty!

Kerrie said...

Very pretty, the flowers with the flower soft look very pretty!

Karli said...

perfect stamp for the flower soft. As always thanks for the technique inspiration for more fab cards :) big hugs~

Terry said...

Love the subtle and pretty background on your card. The Flower Soft is such a delicate touch! Beautiful cards!

2amscrapper said...

That is a big difference! Lovely cards!

Netty said...

Beautiful cards. Annette x

Juliet A said...

What a great use of Flower Soft! Your experiment went strongly in favor of the Georgia Pacific, it seems.

Annie said...

Shelly, this is very pretty. I really love the 3D effect with the soft flower, oh how I love it!

Patty Gorka said...

WOW, this is really neat, I love how your background turned out!

Carrie said...

gorgeous Shelly. I love the flowersoft on here and your background is beautiful. Nice corner details too

Joanne Gilch said...

Thanks for all the pics. gorgeous card...I was given some Flower Soft but just haven't used it yet! Maybe with your inspiration I'll get it out of the pkg.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful! I love the image and the back ground you created is just gorgeous.

Anne said...

Oh this is so pretty, love this, such a great idea