Tuesday, May 25, 2010

FCD Wacky Wednesday sale

Every Wednesday- Wacky Wednesday that is, Pamela at Firecracker Designs puts one stamp set on sale 50% off.  This week, the sale set is Scatter Joy- regularly $12.99- today Wednesday 12:01AM to 12 midnight tomorrow night-HALF PRICE-no coupon is needed-the sale price will be noted as such in the FCD store. 
FCDScatterJoy
Pamela also offers a cutting service if you want it precut for you…………
I used a Technique Junkies background called Glimmer Mist Watercolors. I cut out the medium flower, omitting a few of the petals on the yellow flowers, colored them with Copics and added Shimmerz (from FCD) and clear beads to the flower centers.
ShellySchmidtMay12FCDscatterjoycloseupIMG_0686
ShellySchmidtMay12FCDScatterJoyshimmerzIMG_0684
I also used the SCS sketch challenge for this week- the middle layer I made with my sewing machine-can you see the stitching that boxes the flowers???
Next , I made a faux Crayon resist- highlighting with a white gel pen instead of using the crayon. I daubered Orchid, Gable Green and Turquoise inks on Glossy CS.
         ShellySchmidtMay10FCD524
HERE is a link to Pamela’s blog for info
HERE is the link to the Gallery photo’s from FCD
Here is a link to Karyn’s sample
Thanks for stopping by,
Shelly

6 comments:

Tracey said...

These are beautiful Shelly, love the shimmer.

Hope you're having a great week :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

kc_froglady said...

Great job Shelly! I love the bright colors and that glimmer mist tech is so pretty!

Carrie said...

Love these flowers Shelly and the lattice border.

Juliet A said...

I keep waiting for the horses...

Actually, this looks a lot like a card I posted today, only I used silk flowers instead of paper.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

LOVE the cards!

Kevin Renz said...

Very nice. Thanks for linking up at CIC this month.